Nurse privacy is pillar of Kamana’s core values.
As a travel nurse, I’ve experienced first-hand the relentless calls, texts, and emails from recruiters and employers vying for my attention — about jobs I never asked for in places I’m not interested in going. I’ve heard the same complaints from many fellow travel nurses. Each contract I took surrounded me with new colleagues who experience the same issues with their own privacy. After years of travel nursing, I decided to seriously look at where my data was going, how it got there, and who put it there.
Unfortunately, there’s likely no way to trace your steps back to the true cause of these privacy failures. If you’ve ever given your information to a resource that promises to “get you the best contracts”, you’re likely already on multiple call lists. It’s a trap we’re all vulnerable too, especially new nurses with limited experience.
What you can do, though, is start to take back your privacy. Here are a few critical steps help get the process started.
- Start removing yourself from lead generator lists you’re current on
- Stop putting your personal information in vulnerable places, with other lead generators, etc.
- Add yourself to the Do Not Call List
- Politely ask recruiters you no longer want to work with to stop calling you.
- You can always reconnect with these employers if you want to later
- We suggest you tell them about Kamana and send them your Onboard Documentation from the app!
Common organizations that share your contact information:
You can remove yourself from these lists by contacting them directly:
- TravelNurseSource.com – email@example.com
- RNVIP.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
- TravelNursing.org – Call 888-971-2844. Use their Contact Us or Unsubscribe pages
- Indeed – email@example.com
- SimplyHired – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Builder – email@example.com
- Monster – http://my.monster.com/privacy/EmailForm.aspx
- TravelNursing.com – contact@TravelNursing.com
Use this language to remove yourself from these lists:
“My name is ____, please delete my profile and personal information from your database. Please unsubscribe me from any and all future contact from you or any third party companies you’re associated with. Please do not further distribute my personal information to anyone else or any third parties.”
Take these additional privacy measures:
- Be cautious and aware of with whom you’re sharing your personal information.
- Always ask (or discover) why someone needs your information, and what they’ll do with it.
- Don’t sign up for communications lists, or newsletters from companies you aren’t familiar with.